Saturday, September 3, 2011

Glory to God

Last weekend was a banner weekend for us as a church.

Our kids served up an awesome production that was filled with excellence, using their talents for God to bless us and minister to us in a kids program. The leaders and volunteers who took this project on did a great job.

Our church served the community with a Family Fun Fair that was a ton of fun and done with excellence. Hundreds of people came to play, eat, and enjoy themselves in a great community activity at Victory Church. My favourite part was to walk around and see all the great volunteers serving with joy in the incredible heat. What a team!

God spoke clearly and powerfully through the worship and the message and people gave their hearts to Christ for the first time. I believe all of us felt very challenged and uplifted by the message of God's word. How cool is that when the anointing of God fills a room and peoples lives are changed?

Several months ago I was praying in my office and felt a strong sense to vow to God that we would give Him all the glory as He used our church to influence people. We have prayed this hundreds of times but this one time it seemed so significant to me. I actually wrote it out and signed a paper between me and God on it. So...for what He did last week. GLORY TO GOD.