Monday, April 15, 2013

Some Great Advice


This morning as I worked through my morning routines I sensed there was a passage of scripture that I ought to reflect on and invite God to speak to me through. A few days ago this passage (below) stood out to me as if it was written in bold ink and highlighted (it wasn't...but it's underlined in my Bible now :)). 

Have you ever chosen a verse, a passage or a story to reflect on throughout the day? One study on spiritual growth shows that 'scripture REFLECTION' is the number one catalyst for transformation and growth. This is more than mere 'scripture reading'. So here is my encouragement to you today. Read the Bible...but as you read it, keep your eyes and ears open for parts that stand out that you sense God might be highlighting for you. Note them. Then reflect on them (there are tons of ways to reflect on scripture, I will describe a few in my next blog). For now...why not borrow my passage for today. Reflect on the following passage and invite God  by His Spirit to convict you, challenge you and change you through it today.

David is dying and gives his son awesome advice.
“And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. So take this seriously. The Lord has chosen you to build a Temple as his sanctuary. Be strong, and do the work.” 1 Chr. 28:9,10