Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Books Of June

June reading was as follows. Lots of commentaries on Colossians as we were on a series on Colossians called Jesus + Nothing = Everything. My favourite book of the Bible.

Colossians Commentaries:Life Application
William Barclay
- I really like Barclay's insights. They are well worth reading, would be great for any believer who wanted to study scripture more thoroughly.
Love and Forgiven – Lloyd John Ogilvie
Be Complete – Warren Wiersbe
- These are one of my favourite commentaries. Sometimes too short but I can always trust Wiersbe to give me something I can use.
Lectures on the Epistle to the Colossians - H.A. Ironside
Colossians and the Supremacy of Christ – R. Kent Hughes
- These are also some of my favourites. Once and a while a comment, thought or paragraph in these commentaries jumps out and unbelievably powerful and anointed.
Fullness and Freedom – RC Lucas
Communicators Commentary – Maxie D. Dunnam
Studies in Colossians – Scripture Press


Other Books:
The Law of Happiness – Dr. Henry Cloud – This book is a powerful and profound book of simply wisdom. It is like reading a modern version of proverbs. Love it and reccomend it.

Night with A Perfect Stranger – David Gregory – This book powerfully impacted my son. I can't wait to talk through it with him and see which parts of it touched him the most. It has lots of great principles in a short, easy to read format.