Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Wedding and A Funeral

Today is my Grandma's funeral. Today 14 years ago I was married. Weddings and funerals cause us to think about the important things in life. Family, friends, and faith. My Grandma would want the rest of us to know today: the most important thing is Jesus, having a personal relationship with Him. Grandma always told me she loved my preaching. My preaching is really only ever about two things: Jesus and His grace. I don't believe that I will ever come close to plumbing the depths of either of those topics so I have enough material for a fresh sermon for at least a few hundred years.
Today I am reflecting on the important things in life. I encourage you to do the same.

2 Timothy 1:5 “I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.”