Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sparkling Eyes

One of my favourite things to do with children is to smile at them with a sparkle in my eyes. It's amazing how their eyes sparkle back. There is something about sparkling eyes that speak of life in the soul. Sadly sometimes I see dead eyes. Eyes that have lost their shine. There is a tiredness, a sadness, a loneliness, an emptiness, a restlessness, a lostness, a meaninglessness, a lifelessness that exists sometimes in our eyes. I long to live fully alive and to bring life wherever I go. I want to be a person who lives as much as possible with a sparkle in my eyes.

I lose my sparkle when...
1. I am overtired.
2. I am overly concerned about the past or the future (worry).
3. I am feeling hurt or insecure.
4. I am being selfish.
5. I have forgotten my purpose.

I gain more sparkle when...
1. I have spent time with the Author of life.
2. I am taking care of my spiritual, emotional, relational and physical health.
3. I am living in and enjoying the moment.
4. I am giving, serving, or fully engaged in some form of work.
5. I am connecting with people.