Friday, September 4, 2009

Failing Forward

Failure is seen as a negative in our lives, so we don't like to admit our failures. We would prefer to hide them in a corner and ignore them. The problem is, our failures are some of our greatest opportunities to learn and grow. Ignoring them increases the likelihood of experiencing them again. Facing them boldly allows us to learn from them.


What if we saw failure as an opportunity? What if we were confident that our failure was not final? What if we created a culture in our hearts and minds that declared, "When I fall, I will get back up...I will learn something...and I will move on."

If we did this, falling would still scrape our knee but it wouldn't affect our hearts in the same way.

"Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise;" Micah 7:8
"For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again," Prov. 24:16

What failure in your life do you need to face, learn from, and then with determination get back up and do things differently?