Friendships that bring life to our souls are open, honest, and without fear of negative repercussions.
6 Characteristics of Great Friendships:
1. Free sharing of ourselves with each other. (To know and be known)
2. Celebrating together. (Watch a great hockey game together and celebrate when your team wins.)
3. Grieving and sharing struggles together.
4. Learning and/or growing together.
5. Genuinely caring about the other's welfare (To love and be loved)
6. Shared values. (Common bridges to build the relationships upon)
Not every friendship has all of these traits in equal measure. Some friendships only contain one or two of them. The friendships that have them all in abundance are rare indeed!