Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Significant Experiences Addendum 5

From Chapter 2 of "Practicing His Presence" (This portion of the book os from letters and journals of Frank Laubach)

I feel simply carried along each hour, doing my part in a plan which is far beyond myself. This sense of cooperation with God in the little things is what astonishes me. I seem to have to make sure of only one thing now, and every other thing “takes care of itself,” or I prefer to say what is more true, God takes care of all the rest. My part is to live in this hour in continuous inner conversation with God and in perfect responsiveness to His will. To make this hour gloriously rich. This seems to be all I need to think about.

But why do I harp on this inner experience? Because I feel convinced that for me and for you who read there lie ahead undiscovered continents of spiritual living compared with which we are infants in arms.

As for me, I never really lived, I was half dead, I was a rotting tree, until I reached the place where I wholly, with utter honesty, resolved and then re-resolved that I would find God's will and I would do that though every fiber in my being said no, and I would win the battle in my thoughts. It has been as though some deep artesian well had been struck in my soul of souls and strength came forth. I do not claim success ever for a day yet...

I know what God left this aching void - for Himself to fill.