Monday, September 10, 2012

Some Very Cool Book Reading Going On

So I have not been doing my monthly reading updates lately. My current plan is to simply share with you what I have been reading every few months or whenever I decide to send around an update. I also will not make comments on every book, only on the ones that I feel would interest you. Here is my reading from the last three months. I placed the titles in bold. The rest are my comments. Enjoy, hopefully you will read a few of them.

The God I Never Knew – Robert Morris
The best book I have ever read so far that explains simply and clearly a Biblical and practical look at the charasmatic view of the Holy Spirit. Excellent!

The Pursuit of God – A.W. Tozer
This is easily one of the top three books I have ever read. Reading it again stirred in me the same things as usual...o man I can't even describe it! So powerful and solid! I have read it many many times.

Pastoral Graces – Lee Eclov
A great practical and thoughtful book on the priviledge of sheperding people.

The Next Generation Leader – Andy Stanley
Great plainly written leadership material. In my opinion it is some of the best Christian leadership stuff out there.

Let your life speak – Parker Palmer
A deeper look at our souls and what God is up to in them. If you like contemplative stuff this is for you. I needed it!

The grace of God – Andy Stanley
I was disappointed with this book. Good but not great.

The supremacy of Christ in a postmodern world – John Piper/Justin Taylor
Awesome stuff, more theological than most.

The Basics: Love God, Love People – YWAM
The Five Temptations of  A CEO – Patrick Lencioni
Sharpening your leading edge – Jack Hayford
Leadership Reconsidered – Ruth Tucker


Battlefield of the Mind – Joyce Meyers
This is a classic and should be read by every Christian. A few spots I wish she had left out because they are a bit weird but overall it's awesome.

Simply Living – Cecil Murphy 
Quitting Church: Why the Faithful are Fleeing and What to Do about It - Julia Duin
Choice, Desire and The Will of God – David Runcorn


It’s Not My Fault – Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
Very good.

The Art of Critical Decision Making – Miachel Roberto
The Art of Choosing – Sheena Iyengar
25 Ways to Win With People – John Maxwell
A New Day – Reginald Bibby
When Heaven Invades Earth – Bill Johnson
The art of forgiving – Lewis Smedes

Colossians Commentaries:
Life Application
William Barclay
Love and Forgiven – Lloyd John Ogilvie
Be Complete – Warren Wiersbe
Lectures on the Epistle to the Colossians - H.A. Ironside
Colossians and the Supremacy of Christ – R. Kent Hughes
Fullness and Freedom – RC Lucas
Communicators Commentary – Maxie D. Dunnam
Studies in Colossians – Scripture Press

The Law of Happiness – Dr. Henry Cloud
Great book!
Night with A Perfect Stranger – David Gregory
I really liked this. Very challenging and honest. Easy read!