Monday, June 6, 2011

The Thinker

 It's is difficult to overstate the importance of our thoughts. We have thousands of them every day.

The nature of a thought is that it comes and goes quickly. Like water passing over a waterfall. You can't hang on to a thought, but you can repeat it. Once you have thought something, another thought comes in to replace the last one. Thoughts are constantly in flow.

Every thought carries a positive or negative charge. It either draws me toward God, truth, life, right actions, habits, character and destiny or it draws me toward the negative, downward, destructive actions, habits, character and destiny.


Sow a thought, reap an action. Sow and action, reap a habit. Sow a habit, reap your character. Sow your character, reap your destiny.

What is the difference between people who make great choices and follow right paths and those who make poor choices and follow destructive paths? It starts with their thinking.
 
Romans 8:5-8  "Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. 7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. 8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God."

Ask yourself these questions.
In the last hour, have my thoughts had more positive or negative pull in my life?
What can I do to increase the positive pull of my thoughts in the next hour?

What can I do to decrease the negative pull of my thoughts in the next hour?
How would my life be different today if I would have known about this and done what was necessary to have "positive pull thoughts" over the last 5 years?

How would my life be different in the next 5 years if I change and improve my thinking?