Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Part and God's Part

Psalm 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good."

There are a few principles here:
1. We are God dependant. It is foolish and common to attempt to do God's work without God. We must make every effort to include God in the work that we do. We must invite Him to be in it from start to finish.

2. We still participate. Just because we need God to do what only God can do does not mean that we do not have a part to play. We do what we can do; God does we we cannot do.

One of the best ways I have thought about this is that my role (our role) is to create environments where God can and will work.

Where am I creating environments in my soul for God to work?
Where and how am I creating environments in my family, my home and my life for God to work?
How are we doing as a church at creating environments for God to do His work?