Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ideas Are Powerful

I have been reflecting a lot about the power of ideas lately. Ideas are simply thoughts that seem to have some value to the one who has them within.

What if we were more willing or even more intentional about sharing them? What if we were more hungry to hear them from others?

My life is immeasurably richer because of the thousands of ideas that come my way every week. In fact, I could be called an idea fanatic. I read them, listen to them, jot them down on my iphone, my computer, a scrap paper or napkin, my hand, sometimes I am tempted to scratch them into the table and take it home just to capture it and not lose it.

I have a group of creative idea sharers meeting at my house this week simply so that we can sit down and "idea share". I can't imagine where I would be today without the input of millions of ideas from outside me.

God made us to be interdependent. Why don't we engage each other’s hearts and heads more? We would simply work better that way. Here's to idea sharing...