Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Books of March

One Thing – Sam Storms
- what a great book! Awakened in me a fresh desire to see and savour Jesus.


Getting Naked – Patrick Lencioni
- One of the best business books I have ever read. My favourite book by one of my favourite authors.

Plain Christianity – JB Phillips
- A classic. Pretty good.

Transformation – Ed Silvoso
- Lots of great principles and stories for seeing God work in cities and nations.

Spiritual Depression - Its causes and cures: Martin Llyod Jones
- WOW! I have blogged about this book already but what an awesome book. This is a classic for very good reason. Recommended reading for anyone. Powerful stuff.

The Three Signs of a Miserable Job – Patrick Lencioni
- This was one of the simplest and best treatments of what managers ought to do. Managers really can make people's jobs miserable or pleasureable. Makes management a noble calling.

Ida Scudder – Healing Bodies, Touching Hearts - Janet Benge
- Oh, man was I ever inspired by this lady's life story. I need to read more biographies. They are wonderful

Be Our Guest – Perfecting the Art of Customer Service
- This was a bit overly technical for me but an awesome description of how Disneyland does such a great job with customer service.

The Seven Blessings of The Passover – Steve Munsey
- Very interesting. Great to know some of the good things that Christ's sacrifice on the cross make available to us.

C.S. Lewis- Master Storyteller
- A neat biography revealing some things other biographies didn't cover. Very enjoyable.