Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blown Away Again

Today I was blown away again just how much influence we people have on each other. Every interaction, every word, every conversation. How quickly I forget!

I had a chat today with an old friend. One of the best friends I have ever had. We have only chatted a few times in the last 10 years but each time has been precious and very uplifting. I was amazed at how one 5 minute conversation can lift a person, make me want to walk more nobly, more joyfully, more alive and close to God. I came off the phone with tears of joy in my eyes, a sense of the presence of God and a desire to bless everyone I come in contact with.

I listened today to one and a half hour speech by a son about his father. I was blown away again at how much influence we fathers have on our sons.

"Oh God, may we steward this precious and enormous responsibility called 'influence' well. Amen."