Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Start With Why

If you've ever read the book or seen the TED talk, you will be familiar with the idea..."start with why." As I was reflecting on what the big "Why" is in my life and in our church I got very fired up. I wrote down what I believe should be the motivating force for every Christ-follower. Give it a read and invite God by His Spirit to ignite in you a passion for His cause.
 


WHY?

A life can be turned around.

A broken person who is wreaking destruction can become a whole person who brings healing to others.

Selfish people can become loving and generous.

People lost in their sins can be found & forgiven in Christ. People sowing & reaping destruction can learn to sow & reap life. Lonely, empty, frivolous lives can be enfolded into loving community, offered purpose & filled with passionate meaning.
 
It’s the greatest thing I have ever seen

– a transformed life.

I know no greater miracle than the changing of a
human heart & God alone can do it.
Why? Because

NO ONE CAN FILL THE EMPTY SOUL BUT JESUS
& NO ONE CAN CHANGE THE HEART BUT JESUS.

SIMPLY JESUS!!!

BUT ONE MORE THING!
God uses His church (committed communities of people who bear His name & purpose) as His primary vehicle in the world to do it. And that is why I love & believe in the church (though I am not naïve; I have seen her ugly side).
When the church is working right she is the most powerful, beautiful force in the world. And that is why I will fight for, believe in & live my life to build what Jesus died for…His church. And that is why I thank God for the chance to build His church with this group of people He has placed me with.

Together, we are the tool God uses to change lives & there’s nothing I love more than seeing lives transformed by the power of God & to the glory of God.
Our changed lives are trophies of His grace.